BLACKSHEAR

pc_header.jpg (17069 bytes)

Preserving Our Heritage for Future Generations

~ Historic Sites ~

Downtown Blackshear
Blackshear Cemetery
War Between The States Prison Camp
Brantley Brick Warehouse
Blackshear Railroad Depot
1875 Pierce County Courthouse

DAVID BLACKSHEAR MONUMENT

1903  Pierce County Courthouse
Masonic Lodge david_blackshear_monument_framed.jpg (25924 bytes)
Presbyterial Institute
Blackshear Presbyterian Church
City Jail
Shiloh Primitive Baptist Church
Enon Primitive Baptist Church
World War II Memorial
Olympic Torch Monument

One of the first historic markers to be put up in Pierce County is a
granite stone commemorating the construction of a military road ordered by
General David Blackshear during the War of 1812 & Creek Indians Wars.
Blackshear would later be named for the general. The marker was unveiled in
a ceremony on May 8, 1925 by the Blackshear Historical Society. The marker
is located on the corner of Main Street & Plant Avenue.

David Blackshear Monument

PATTERSON:

Downtown Patterson
Bethlehem Primitive Baptist Church

david_blackshear_monument_02_framed.jpg (37216 bytes)

OFFERMAN:

Offerman City Hall
Foster Cemetery
Homes of Offerman
New Home Primitive Baptist Church
Offerman Church of God
 

pc_prev_hist_site.jpg (3003 bytes)pc_next_hist_site.jpg (2748 bytes)

Return to Historic Sites Main Page

 

Email PCHGS

 

PCHGS Website Created August 1999
Last Updated: Saturday, 23 October 1999

URL:  http://www.50megs.com/piercecounty/historical/david_blackshear_monument.html

Contact Website Curator: ChristyMW1@aol.com
Website Design Courtesy of Web Creations By Christina

1999 Pierce County Historical and Genealogical Society